Use the chart below to determine the relationship between you and another relative.
1. Determine the common ancestors you and the other person share.
2. Starting with your common ancestors in the upper left corner, find yourself across the top and note the column.
3. Again starting with your common ancestors in the upper left corner, find the other person down the left side and note the row.
4. Go to the box where your column and their row coincide.
5. This is the relationship you share with the other person.
|Child||Grandchild||Great Grandchild||G-G Grandchild||G-G-G Grandchild||G-G-G-G Grandchild|
|Child||Sibling||Niece/ Nephew||Grand Niece/ Nephew||Great Grand Niece/ Nephew||G-G Grand Niece/ Nephew||G-G-G Grand Niece/ Nephew|
|Grand child||Niece/ Nephew||First Cousin||First Cousin Once Removed||First Cousin Twice Removed||First Cousin Thrice Removed||First Cousin Four Times Removed|
|Great Grand child||Grand Niece/ Nephew||First Cousin Once Removed||Second Cousin||Second Cousin Once Removed||Second Cousin Twice Removed||Second Cousin Thrice Removed|
|G-G Grand child||Great Grand Niece/ Nephew||First Cousin Twice Removed||Second Cousin Once Removed||Third Cousin||Third Cousin Once Removed||Third Cousin Twice Removed|
|G-G-G Grand child||G-G Grand Niece/ Nephew||First Cousin Thrice Removed||Second Cousin Twice Removed||Third Cousin Once Removed||Fourth Cousin||Fourth Cousin Once Removed|
|G-G-G-G Grand child||G-G-G Grand Niece/ Nephew||First Cousin Four Times Removed||Second Cousin Thrice Removed||Third Cousin Twice Removed||Fourth Cousin Once Removed||Fifth Cousin|
For further information contact Jerry
Return to Contents